Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Some Interesting Questions

Things I wonder about ...

1. If the federal government cannot manage to get the simplest of projects done on time, within budget, or even competently, what makes us think they will be able to "protect us" no matter how much money we give them?

2. If a deranged person, terrorist or not, decides to detonate a bomb where you happen to be right now, how will your having given up your freedom for safety help you?

3. Based on events during the "war on terror," the odds of dying from an anthrax laced letter are more than 60 million to one. More people will be injured and killed in car accidents in the next hour than have suffered from anthrax in the last seven years. So, why, exactly are we worried about anthrax?

4. Would terrorists be likely to hijack an airplane if they knew the cockpit doors could not be opened until after the plane landed?

5. Would they even think of hijacking an airplane if they knew the flight crew and some of the passengers would be armed?

6. How, exactly, will the ability of the FBI to read my email, listen to my phone calls, and break into my house to conduct stealth searches protect me from terrorism?

7. If someone opens fire at a busy McDonald's, which would save more lives?: phoning the police quickly or a couple of armed customers?

8. Does the "Office of Homeland Security" sound as Orwellian to you as it does to me?

9. If by giving up a little freedom and some of our rights, we can buy a little safety, as so many in government and media keep telling us, does that mean that if we give up ALL of our rights and freedoms, we'll be made completely safe?

10. Or will it just make us slaves?


I cannot claim credit as original author, but I have no idea who first penned this. If you know, please let me know and I will give proper credit.

No comments: